29th June, 2019
It was a colorful celebration of the Solemnity of Saints Peter and Paul (Apostles) at the Cathedral of the Child Jesus. During this Mass the Pallium was imposed upon His Grace Most Rev. Dr. Alick Banda by the Apostolic Nuncio, His Excellency Archbishop Gianfranco Gallone.
Kitwe visitation by His Grace Dr. Alick Banda
During his pastoral visitation to Kitwe, Dr. Alick Banda was warmly welcomed by the Holy Childhood and youths. Caught with overwhelming joy, His Grace appreciated the efforts being made by the community to prioritize the youths and holy childhood as this safe guards the future of the catholic church. Commending the youths and their animators, His Grace concluded by saying in his most popular words "APA, EPASHILI PAKULEKA" (meaning - let us continue with the good work).
Katondwe community received and welcomed His Grace Dr. Alick Banda, on his Pastoral visit. During this visit confirmation and commissioning of pastoral assistants took place. Extending his visit, his Grace also commissioned the newly renovated classrooms at Katondwe Girls Secondary School. Further to his visit, he took a tour of the Sacred Heart Hospital run by the Sisters. To the Sisters, Parents, Community, he thanked them for their commitment towards the work and urged them to continue, in his own words...APA EPASHILI PAKULEKA.
WELCOME TO THE ARCHDIOCESE OF LUSAKA
From the beginning of 19th century Catholic Missionaries made tremendous efforts to become established among the people of Zambia. The Missionaries of Africa, popularly known as the White Fathers founded mission posts in the north and the east, while the Jesuits also called in full as the Society of Jesus, moved from south and the south-east towards the centre of the country. Hence, the first decade of the twentieth century saw the Jesuits establish themselves in Chikuni in the south and Kasisi, Lusaka, in the centre of Zambia. The other missionaries came later.
Therefore, the Catholic Faith was first brought to Zambia in 1895 by the Missionaries of Africa. However, it was brought to Lusaka in particular, in 1905 through a Jesuit French missionary priest called Julius Torrend.
"Restoring All Things In Christ"
Formation Workshop - St. Agnes
St. Agnes fondly known as "Baby born with teeth" had their Pastoral Visitation by by His Grace - Dr. Alick Banda and the Archdiocesan Curia in the first week of March. Appreciating the gesture, parishioners and the executive interacted with the ADL team on a number of issues and ended in a great exchange of blessings and well wishes.